Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Mice in basement

On 10/17/2016 10:14 AM, JohnDoe wrote:
Hi, I found mice nests in my basement insulation as well as mice
droppings on
the basement floor. My basement is unfinished. Are mice attracted to dark,
unfinished areas? Would it help solve the mice problem if I finish my
basement.

Read others comments, most good, some bad.

Problem will continue until you seal possible entry points and kill all
the mice you currently have. Snap traps and poisoned bait worked for
me. Even though I have not had mice for a couple of years, I still keep
traps around. Mice will go even for very old bait. I use peanut butter.

Trying to kill all the mice around your house is useless and new mice
can be born from those already in the house so you need to get rid of
them. Cats will go after mice but can't get those in walls and ceilings
or rooms they do not have access to.