Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, 8N will not start

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On 18 Oct 2016 03:29:45 -0300, Mike Spencer
wrote:

Gunner Asch writes:

On 17 Oct 2016 15:03:01 -0300, Mike Spencer
wrote:

I don't know what an "8N" is but whatever it is, sometimes you
never know.

This is an 8N

http://tractorsinfo.com/wp-content/u...actor-Tire.jpg

Oh, right. Thanks. Shiny! I'm pretty sure I saw ones like in use
decades ago that were...ummm... not shiny. :-)

There's a club here that does restorations like that but their
clubhouse/workshop is 90 miles away. I try go get to their shows
but
they're too far away to get to the regular meets. They're into
single-bangers, too, and I have a couple of those but no rig to take
them to the shows.

Im looking or a Hit N Miss engine to play with, if anyone runs into
one.

Gunner

The owner of a local surplus store is trying to get me to make a gear
for an antique cement mixer run from one of his hit & miss engines. I
told him to make a smoothly meshing sheet metal mockup of what he
wants, to use as a template for a form cutter, though I suspect it
will be too large for my Clausing mill to drive unless he'll accept an
aluminum gear.
--jsw