Shaun Guth

Default Troubleshooting a Viewsonic P815 Monitor

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:36:49 -0500, Jerry G. wrote:
The HV generator, sometimes referred to as the horiz output transistor is on
a heat sync near to the flyback transformer. If it is blown, then most
likely there are other parts that have also failed. Upon replacement, the
cause of failure must also be serviced.

Also, the scan amplifier sections can be at fault, including the power
supply itself. The tech would start by verifying the power supply
performance first, before directly getting in to the horiz output stage.

Thanks to both of you for your help, I guess I'll just dump the monitor
off on someone else for the time being. Getting in way over my head by
the sounds of things

Shaun