Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.legal
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default The bells at York

In article , Norman Wells
scribeth thus
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Fredxxx" wrote in message news:nu39qp$vp3$1@dont-

email.me...
On 17/10/2016 20:25, Rod Speed wrote:

No, not me. All I have is the right to complain if I feel the noise
is a nuisance. If I do, the local authority has to investigate it and
see if my complaint is justified according to standard protocols. If
they decide my complaint is justified, they will issue a noise
abatement order.

What's wrong with that?

Its stupid that any prat can complain about something
that has been allowed for centurys and the local
authority has to investigate every time that happens.

I suppose you're the sort of person who thinks they can beat their wife and
children with a stick "because it's been allowed for centuries".

You suppose wrong. The law changed on that with the wife.

OK - just don't live near me. Ever.

Why? If the law says I can complain about a nuisance, who are you to
say otherwise?

Someone who realises you should be allowed to
complain about what has been allowed for centurys.

Quite, no one complained about slavery for centuries as well.

That didnt change because a prat like Norman complained,
it changed when the law was changed.

Yes, the law is a great instrument of social change when required. The
Environmental Protection Act is just another example. Now you are not allowed
create a noise nuisance just because you always have.

It's called progress.

Right. Where i live the drone from the M11 motorway is a bit of a PITA
do you think the council could shut it down?...

--
Tony Sayer