Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 18/10/2016 07:48, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 17/10/2016 22:45, polygonum wrote:
On 15/10/2016 10:11, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 09:54:16 +0100, Bod wrote:

Hmm! that hasn't been my experience. I've changed several laptops to
SSDs and *everything* is much snappier.

I put an SSD into a netbook and am surprised at the difference it
made.

Made an amazing difference in an iMac. Like a new machine!

Yes it can make that sort of dramatic difference.

Only if you use it stupidly or stupidly don’t have
enough physical memory to stop it swapping.

I've already told you that I don't use nor need a swap file.