Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Yard-work :city style

On 10/16/2016 10:46 PM, micky wrote:
Anyhow, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a mulching blade worked better
on the grass part. This actually makes me feel better. I thought I
should change blades in the fall to mulch my leaves, but now I realize
that mulching leaves is not the point of the other blade.

The mulchers save a lot of work and they're also good for the lawn. The
nutrients came out of the soil, and you're putting them back where they
belong. If you let the grass get really long it can bog down the engine
depending on how much HP you have. I try to hit it once a week or so
depending on how it's growing. Not mowing the same pattern helps too.
One week I mow the long way of the yard, the next perpendicular, and the
third diagonally and it seems to work.

Basically all I know is what I've read on the internet. The guy who had
been cutting my lawn for twenty years or so died and I found myself
going into my second childhood pushing a lawnmower around.