Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default RCA model HD52W67 Flyback transformer help

On 10/17/2016 4:15 PM, wrote:
Hey guys, been a while away from this group. Looking for help with this TV. It's a friend of mine that lives about 1.5 hours from me. TV won't start up - green power light shows for about 15 seconds then goes out. No blinking at all. I checked the horizontal output trans and it tested good. Haven't signal traced input to it yet, but suspect the flyback may be toast based on google searches. Anyhow, I need the part number off the flyback to see how much a replacement is. My buddy is older and can't see good enough to read anything off the transformer. I saw many transformers on line in the $15..00 - $20.00 range, so may just buy one and replace. Would any of you know what the part number is or reference a replacement? Again, TV 1.5 hours away, so I don't mind purchasing a flyback only to find out this isn't what is wrong. If there is a common fault with this set regarding power up issues, please share. Thanks for your help group.

A suggestion is to borrow or buy a Bob Parker design LOPT/Flyback
tester. Great tool if you work on tube monitors...(we sell those as a
kit assembled by Alltronics).

Or you can cheat with an audio signal generator and a scope by setting
the generator to 15,500ish cycles at 1V and see what the scope shows on
other outputs from the flyback (you need to remove it from the TV
first). Should show comparable although weaker signals on most lines if
you get them hooked up correctly.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com