Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, 8N will not start

. 4.170...
"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:nu3dlb$egs$1
@dont-email.me:

That is a LOVINGLY RESTORED 8N.

'Had one for fifteen years. I fully restored it, and it mowed, graded,
and
did all the stuff a 36HP tractor shouldn't be able to do!

Lloyd

I don't know. My 10 year old 33hp 4wd John Deere, drives a 12" auger in
caliche, Rototills 60" wide, and will suck up steel water pipe and even
solid steel concrete form stakes with enough power to wrap it around between
the tines and keep going. (have to cut it out with a torch) The 700lb
payload bucket has even been used to lower over 2000lbs (with bucket forks)
from a truck bed to the ground once or twice. I use a blade (that's way to
big for it) to plow/rip trenches when needed, and it has so far never failed
to pull itself out of its own holes when I shift it to 4WD and stand on the
locker lever. When I have had to slear brush cutting the stump jumper will
suck up a lost water hose and spit out little 1 foot chunks without even
slowing down.

33HP is a lot when properly applied.

My grandfather ran a John Deere model M since 1950 which while a larger
frame develops probably even less gross HP. My dad has that tractor now.
I've seen that tractor hit a root ball and do a wheely.