Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.legal
Norman Wells[_5_] Norman Wells[_5_] is offline

Default The bells at York

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
"Norman Wells" wrote in message

Its stupid that any prat can complain about something
that has been allowed for centurys and the local
authority has to investigate every time that happens.

Well, it hasn't been allowed now for the last 26 years.

Church bell ringing is still allowed today.

Only if the noise it creates is not a nuisance.

Wrong.

Perhaps it's time you caught up.

Nothing to catch up.

OK - just don't live near me. Ever.

Why? If the law says I can complain about a nuisance, who are you to say
otherwise?

Someone who realises you should be allowed to
complain about what has been allowed for centurys.

Like slavery? Child prostitution? Little boys up chimneys? No compulsory
education? No votes for women?

Nothing like.

No complaints allowed?

Those werent changed by some prat like you complaining about them.

No, they were changed by lots of prats like me complaining about them.

Like hell they were. They were in fact changed when particular MPs
chose to get enough other MPs to change the law on that stuff.

I see you're as ignorant of history as you are about the law.

Or, as I prefer to put it, by lots of enlightened people like me.

Nothing enlightened about prats like you that are actually stupid
enough to show up where churches have been ringing bells for
centurys and try to get them to stop doing that and get the
authoritys who have been stupidly given the responsibly to
consider the complaints prats like you make, tell you to shove your
complaint where the sun don’t shine in appropriate bureaucratic language.

If you don't like what Parliament enacted 26 years ago, you can of course complain.

In the meantime, the law applies as is.