Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 17/10/16 20:07, John Rumm wrote:
On 17/10/16 11:31, John Rumm wrote:

It makes far more sense to ensure the partitions are aligned so that the
OS allocation unit is on a 4K boundary (which is the default action on a
modern OS anyway)

My point is that that is what the SSD firmware will in fact do.

No matter where the partition boundary is.

Could you provide a link to a manufacturers documentation for this since
I have not yet seen any SSDs that claim to be able to remap misaligned
partitions?

There are no 'misaligned' partitions.

Just partitions.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal