Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.legal
Norman Wells[_5_] Norman Wells[_5_] is offline

Default The bells at York

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Norman Wells
wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

So according to you, you have the right to shut down centuries old
traditions because you personally don't like it?

No, not me. All I have is the right to complain if I feel the noise is a
nuisance. If I do, the local authority has to investigate it and see if my
complaint is justified according to standard protocols. If they decide my
complaint is justified, they will issue a noise abatement order.

What's wrong with that?

OK - just don't live near me. Ever.

Why? If the law says I can complain about a nuisance, who are you to say
otherwise?

I think you'll find that a fortnightly ringing practice plus bells once
a week for the Sunday service won't constitute a nuisance.

If it's not a nuisance, it's not a nuisance.

If it's loud and stops me enjoying my property, however, it is and I can complain,
which seems fair enough to me. What's wrong with that?