Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.legal
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default The bells at York

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 15:27:44 +0100, "Norman Wells"
wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I'm very surprised the powers that be did not record the last few years of bell
ringing and just install big speakers in the bell tower and flog the bells off for
scrap.

Indeed. It raises the interesting point too that, if people like bells so much, why
don't they just buy a recording and listen to it at home in private? There's no
need for it to be inflicted on all and sundry.

If I liked gangsta rap, should I be allowed to broadcast it from a tower as loud as
bells and for the same duration? Or would I be expected to indulge that little
peccadillo at home and in private?

I don't see any difference.

If you and your ancestors had been playing gangster rap in set
locations for the past 400yrs and some jobsworth said shut up because
your new neighbour has raised a complaint you would be on here moaning
about your rights.

--
AnthonyL