Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grauniad: Welsh tidal lagoon project could open way for ukp15bnrevolution in UK energy

On 17/10/16 09:39, Jack Johnson wrote:
We clearly are talking about those who are in government.

Exactly. there may be millions of honorable people who are not in
government. They are not germane. We want to ensure the ones in
government ARE honourable.

If they are rich, they also have someth8ing toi lose.

Nor so
called 'social justice'

Then they are there because they care.

Not necessarily either. There would always be some there
just because being an MP allows them to posture publicly.

WEll that's harmless enough. Today we have reality TV for that sort.

Some prefer to do that in Parliament. Much easier to do that there for
decades.

I've no problem with politicians who are there for the beer or the
exposure. They either do nothing, or do what their constituents say, or
what the party says. They are just useful idiots.

I DO have a problem with idealists with chips on their shoulders, and
people who are clearly working for narrow financial interests.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."