Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Blood pressure

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 8:13:15 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 10/16/2016 12:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I've had crusty old pharmacists, decades ago before pharmacies had computer systems, tell me my doctor was an idiot based on what was prescribed for me. If a doctor ever prescribes a diuretic without supplemental potassium, complain, complain very loudly because potassium loss can kill you. A good physician doesn't mind answering questions if you have some idea of what you're talking about.

Conversely the ACE inhibitors like lisinopril can cause high potassium
levels. Salt substitutes with potassium chloride are contra-indicated.
Some doctors will also include potassium rich foods.

I used to take Lisinopril and HCTZ plus potassium. Now I take Furosemide and potassium along with a shovelful of pills the nurses give me daily. I despise drugs. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Drugged Monster