RonKZ650

Default Emerson EWC1902 High voltage shut down?

When D615 shorts it means the power supply is not regulating. This is usually
either caused by bad solder connections on transistor Q604 (located on the very
back of the chassis to the left of the AC cord), or a crack on the board near
the small screw by the B+ adjustment pot just to the left of the transistor.
Good luck,

Hello all,
I have an Emerson TV/VCR combo unit, model # EWC1902 that came in my
shop with a shorted horizontal output transistor Q571, and a bad zener
diode D615 so I replaced these components, which I had to order from
Funai, and now the unit comes on for a second, but I have a high voltage
problem, which sends the set in to shut down, and I am not sure which
regulator or component is causing this,

Just for the archives, Q571 had a TT2140 on it, but Funai sent me a
2SD2627 as a replacement, and D615 had a 332.G on it, but this turned
out to be a 33 volt zener diode.
It looked like a quarter watter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave