Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Blood pressure

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 2:58:04 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 10/15/2016 07:33 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:26:14 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 10/14/20

Thanks for the advice. I am glad I bought the blood pressure meter so I
can check the results at different times.

I have no plans for going up on ladders again but of course do not want
to go around getting dizzy.

Guess I will see what happens.

As I mentioned before, after what happened with my wife we will never
blindly trust doctors again.

Fortunately she got through a very bad situation...her survival can be
traced to the day I drove her to the doctor's office with two shoe boxes
full of pills and demanded and explanation.

After several more doctors she is now down from 14 different meds to
three and doing better than ever.

I asked the director of nursing for a list of medications given me so I can search the Web for what they are and what effects the drugs will have on me. I want to know WTF I'm being poisoned with because I despise drugs and hate having to take any kind of pill. I've actually discovered that some of the drugs that were given me interact and made me very sick. I had a big problem when two different doctors prescribed drugs that came from two different pharmacies. I looked up the medications on the Internet and found that two of them had deleterious effects when taken together. It's best to have only ONE pharmacy filling your prescriptions because the computer system at the pharmacy will flag any drugs known to have interactions with other drugs prescribed for you. Of course, an experienced pharmacist is another line of defense when you are being given poison in small doses as prescribed by a physician. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Sick Monster

Nice thing about the Internet is it's easy to do your own research.

Back when I was a kid I had an uncle who was a biochemist and he had
many an argument with my grandfather's doctor

I've had crusty old pharmacists, decades ago before pharmacies had computer systems, tell me my doctor was an idiot based on what was prescribed for me. If a doctor ever prescribes a diuretic without supplemental potassium, complain, complain very loudly because potassium loss can kill you. A good physician doesn't mind answering questions if you have some idea of what you're talking about.

I was impressed by a young smart Negro American physician who was using a tablet during an exam where he checked everything in my medical records and went over it with me. I had my medical records on a thumb drive and handed it to the doctor when I was in the exam room. I keep a list of medications I take and a list of medications I've been given in the past but am no longer taking.

I want to get a waterproof thumbdrive that I can label with my name, DOB and SSN to keep on a lanyard around my neck when medical transport takes me to a doctor's office or when my friend comes by to pick me up to take me to someplace like the bank or government office. If I were ever in an accident, my medical records would be with me. None of my current thumbdrives are waterproof but I did find one on Amazon that would work well because it can be labeled on both the outside and inside. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Flash.../dp/B00YP5X1TI

[8~{} Uncle Flashy Monster