Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Blood pressure

On 10/16/2016 12:47 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/15/2016 5:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/15/2016 6:47 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/14/2016 11:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

At 67 you should be on medicare with no cost for physicals.

I have been led to believe that Medicare does not cover routine
physicals

Right, they cover "wellness exams" that are essentially the same thing.
I posted a link to it on Medicare.gov

MY understanding is that they are a pretty basic "physical".

No shotgun blood tests or anything like that.

Depends on the situation. I get blood tests twice a year and it is
covered. That includes the cholesterol tests. Your doctor will know
how to work the system.

" Yearly "Wellness" visits: If you've had Part B for longer than 12
months, you can get this visit to develop or update a personalized
prevention help plan to prevent disease and disability based on your
current health and risk factors.

And cholesterol tests once every 5 years.

"Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers screening blood tests for
cholesterol, lipid, and triglyceride levels every 5 years, when ordered
by a doctor. These screening tests help detect conditions that may lead
to a heart attack or stroke."