Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:22:22 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Yes - the conclusion I came to. The small ACER is otherwise just fine for
the things I use it for - mainly MegaSquirt based - but was hoping to
speed up the boot time. Which takes forever - especially when waiting for
it in the car. ;-)

Doesn't it ... like anything you are waiting for (printing off that
map or addresses just before you go out / catch the train).

That's why I'm keen to try this Toughbook in the 'field' / ITRW to see
if the (new) battery is still holding power and I'm still happy to sit
there while it boots when in a car in the winter.

I hope to be able to try the VAG-Com on the Seat Ibiza with the fault
light to see what it can (or can't see).

When I had the AA guy out to the 'dead' SL63 the other day his
'remote' OBD box required a firmware upgrade (or the BT tablet he was
using on it) and it wouldn't proceed without ... nor did the OTA
firmware update work (even over a USB cable). I'm guessing it would
have been pretty quick to boot and easy to hold / use, had it actually
worked. ;-(

Cheers, T i m