Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 16/10/16 12:19, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/16 11:36, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/16 11:05, Andy Burns wrote:
Bod wrote:

My laptop has got two hard drives, but on a single drive laptop you
just
save your data to external drives, so it's not a problem.
You can also leave an external drive connected semi permanently to a
USB
socket and use that as a second drive.

That's OK for laptops that stay tethered to a desk, not so good for
laptops that actually get moved around ...

Well exactly. Lying in bed watching TV on me lappy with a bloody great
USB drive hanging off - the answer is of course NAS of some sort in
that
case ;-)

You could always use a 128GB pen drive for about £20 and then
periodiacally transfer the data onto an ext drive.

I've already broke one USB socket through having summat stuck in it all
the time.

Oh dear, careless.

No, very poor design.

Constant wiggling has made the center bit fall out.

Its a cheap lappy. Very cheap.

But it runs Linux :-)

private property.

Karl Marx