Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 11:02:38 +0100, Bod wrote:

snip

My laptop has got two hard drives, but on a single drive laptop you just
save your data to external drives, so it's not a problem.

As others have mentioned, it would be if you use your laptop as a
'laptop' and not a desktop. I don't have sufficient space on my 'PC
desk' to place a keyboard, let alone a laptop so laptops are used on
my lap!

You can also leave an external drive connected semi permanently to a USB
socket and use that as a second drive.

See above.

I bet you are the sort of person who goes to a Indian takeaway to get
a pancake roll or a Fish and Chips shop to get a kebab. Or get a
bicycle and fit an engine on it rather than buying a moped. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. That's not to say you can't or shouldn't use a laptop as a
desktop and many do of course, now laptops are powerful enough and
people only really use any of these devices as they do tablets and
phones and that is as 'web terminals'.