Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 16/10/16 10:23, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , John
Rumm escribió:

Yup same here... In fact I find the improvement in responsiveness and
application start times is more impressive than the reduced boot time.

Alignment makes a big difference. This can be a problem with
imaging/cloning utilities that migrate the partitions on a hard drive to
an SSD without performing alignment.

Some years ago I used the Linux dd utility to migrate a hard drive to an
SSD. The first partition started at sector 63 (i.e. non-aligned). Some
time later I used GParted to re-align to sector 1024; the increase in
performance was very noticeable.

ROFLMAO.

There is no relationship between 'sector' and any given bit of disk on
an SSD, indeed wear levelling means the relationship varies with time as
well.