Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Does Australia have similar cellphone "related" accident rates as the United States

"Algeria Horan" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 13:53:30 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

Although I do not handle the phone in the car, any conversations are
carried on the same as when I used two way radio, usually short and
sweet and the phone conversion gets ignored when driving requires more
concentration.
I do concede that some drivers get immersed in the phone conversation to
the detriment of driving .
Has anyone watched the tests of phone use on a track ? How many stop
using the phone when negotiating cones or emergencies as a sensible user
would, do they use psychological tricks to keep the subject talking on
the phone?

Pilots are taught: Aviate, navigate, communicate.

Ours arent.

I don't know what a cute corollary is for driving, but the
concept is universal to operating any dangerous machinery.

And only fools like you don’t even notice that using a
cellphone while doing that is worse for your driving.