Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Does Australia have similar cellphone "related" accident rates as the United States

Algeria Horan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Its not exactly the same, but clearly it makes no useful
difference if you are using to set fire to a house.

The 3 high-octane authors

No such animal and none of the authors you cited are anything special author
wise.

used sophistry

Nope, used an extra adjective when describing a particular fuel.

to falsely make the reader feel a greater danger than actually existed:

The didn’t do that either.

a. The authors realized their audience wouldn't parse properly;

There is no parsing what so ever involved in what they wrote.

b. Therefore, the authors artificially inserted the false modifier;

It isnt a modifier and it isnt false either, at most not necessary.

c. Their intent was to intensify the danger perceived by the reader;

There actual intention was to have more than the most mundane description.

d. Where the non-parsing reader would fail to identify the sophism;

There is no parsing involved and there is no sophism involved either.

e. Therefore perceiving greater danger than truthfully existed.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

My point is that we must be on guard for both the "intensification"

You never had a point and there was no "intensification" involved either.

and the "sophistry"

There is none of that involved either.

in similar cellphone scares,

What there actually is with cellphone use while driving is the FACT
that doing that distracts the driver more than not doing that does.

Same with eating while driving, etc etc etc too, particularly when
it is something that you have to keep in your hand like a burger etc.

just as we should have been on guard during
the McCarthy Era and the Salem Witch Trials.

Nothing like in fact.

Mass hysteria is powerful,

Who is doing "intensification" now ? You are, that's who.

and my argument is that this is why people
"perceive" such a huge danger from cellphones,

Who is doing "intensification" with that use of the word HUGE now ? You
are, that's who.

when, in fact, the danger is non existent

More of your bare faced lies.

(as proven by the very real and valid overall accident record).

More of your bare faced lies.