Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Gordon Levi Gordon Levi is offline

Default Does Australia have similar cellphone "related" accident rates as the United States

Algeria Horan wrote:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 13:38:58 +1100, Gordon Levi wrote:

That is not a fact! If you ask anybody at The U.S. Department of
Transportation that "is leading the effort to stop texting and cell
phone use behind the wheel" you will find that _none_ of them believe
that a WWII Bomber _was_ found on the moon.

The reason for bringing out the WWII Bomber sophistry was to forestall the
inevitable unbelievable response which already came out of the mouth of Rod
Speed for the *reason* that the reliably compiled accident record in both
the US and in Australia shows *none* of the accident rates predicted by the
dire "cellphone distraction" models many people subscribe to.

The reason for the high-octane example of sophistry + intensification was to
illustrate that we, the reader, must accurately parse all the stated
references, so that we don't fall prey to artificial intensification based
sophistry.

For example, nobody has ever yet ever produced a single reliable document,
which, when accurately parsed by an intelligent reader, shows *any*
relationship, in the real world, between cellphone use and accident rates!

The only readers who believe such evidence exists are those who fall prey to
the sophistry that I tried to illustrate with the high-octane examples.

There's a very deep message here, if you want to understand what I'm saying,
and that message is all about the fact that some people jump to conclusions
that are NOT based on the facts, but which merely reinforce their intuition.

Those who look at facts have never found any meaningful relationship between
cellphone use and accidents in the United States or in Australia.