Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Does Australia have similar cellphone "related" accident rates as the United States

Algeria Horan wrote
Rod Speed wrote

the _use_ of cellphones while driving in the USA is consistently
at about 2% for texting and at abuot 5% for handheld use while
driving (with visible-headset use roughly around half of a percent):
https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api...ication/812326

And that is why the effect of that is invisible in the accident
statistics,

This is the first adult-like thing you've said in this thread,

More of your bare faced lies.

so I will respond in like manner.

You just went for more lies and pathetic excuse for trolling.

If we assume that the annual studies by the NHTSA are correct,

Mad assumption given that it is only collected from a subset of
vehicles STOPPED at lights etc. That will grossly over estimate the
percentage of those who actually are that stupid WHEN DRIVING.

then we have to assume that 5% and 2% of all miles driven

They have no idea what so ever about miles driven. ALL
they do is count actual vehicles STOPPED at the lights etc.

in the United States are done while actually
holding the phone and texting on it, respectively.

And is completely useless with texting. Plenty might well text
when STOPPED at the lights who are not actually stupid enough
to do that while actually driving with the car in motion at speed.

It would be interesting to break that number down by miles driven,

Not even possible to do that.

so if someone has a number for the number of miles
driven by the approximately 275 million cars in the
United States, that would be useful data.

But not even possible to get that data.

The lack of accidents

There is no lack of accidents. And even if those figures
were accurate and they clearly cannot be since they
were collected about cars STOPPED AT LIGHTS ETC,
if say 10% of those stupid fools actually had an accident
as a result, even you should be able to work that that
is **** all accidents caused by the use of a cellphone.

is the elephant in the room

There is no elephant and no room either.

which has to be accounted for,

Not when we have seen a dramatic reduction in
driving fatalitys due to better roads and better cars
and when accidents don’t all get reported anymore.

reams of your lying trolling flushed where it belongs

Since 95% of the time people are NOT holding cellphones
while they're driving and 98% of the time they're not texting,

You have no idea what the numbers are when
actually driving at speed except that they are absolutely
guaranteed to be lower than when stopped at the lights etc.

the lack of accidents due to cellphone causing them _could_ be
due to the fact that so few people actually _use_ them while driving.

Of course they are both that and the safer roads and cars.

NOTE: The NHTSA annual statistic does not count people using
the cellphone without headgear and without actually holding it
in their hands, so, we can assume that 7% is greater if we want to
include all people _using_ the cellphone (e.g., via bluetooth
speakersets).

You cant even assume that given that those completely useless stats are
ONLY THOSE USING THEIR PHONE WHEN STOPPED AT THE LIGHTS ETC.