Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Lowe's inventory records a disaster

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 15 Oct 2016 11:14:35 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 9:13:59 AM UTC-7, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 10/15/2016 09:49 AM, David L. Martel wrote:

A sale is only one of the ways that items are removed from stock.
Shoplifting by customers and employees is quite high in many places.
Defective returns affect the stock. And, of course things get mis-shelved.

I know that things walk out of the door without being sold. But 4' x 8'
sheets of plywood? And how come the store's own computer records -- at
least for this item -- hadn't been updated for more than a year?

And where did the "13 in stock" figure shown by the app. differ from the
"17 in stock" shown in the store's own system? Doesn't each store's
system link to the company's centralized record keeping?

Perce

I cut a lot of firewood. I was getting my bar oil at WalMart. Suddenly the spodt on the shelf was empty...and remained that way over several visits. I checked the website that showed thay had it. Went to the complaint desk and asks what the problem was. Had to show them there was none on the shelf. They looked, couldn't find any in stock room. Ordered me some. I picked it up a few days later and from curiosity checked...still none on shelf. About a month later the gallon jugs were back.

To order a gallon for you and 5 gallons for the shelves would have
required two separate orders. I haven't got time for that. You're
lucky I waited on you.

/s MMT, manager of your local Walmart.