Posted to alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default Election Betting odds - Thur. 13 Oct 2016 - Clinton 83.7%, Trump14.9%

On 10/15/2016 3:27 PM, Sterling Archer wrote:
It happens that Stormin' Norman formulated :
On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 14:42:04 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 21:33:39 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 13:07:50 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 19:50:54 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

Riddle me this, if no one pays their Federal income tax, how do you
propose paying for the national defense and dozens of other programs
you would deem necessary?

Riddle me this, ever see a tax law repealed? Why do you still pay a
federal tax for the debt of the Civil War? Curious minds and all.

Your comment is non sequitur to the question I put forth.

How does the nation pay for all of the federal programs mandated by
our elected representatives if people do not pay their federal taxes?
How does the nation service the interest on the national debt if
residents do not pay federal taxes?

Just as serving the country in the armed forces is patriotic, so is
paying to sustain the nation we have created through our elected
representatives.

Many people feel only the dumb schmoes pay taxes, but the "smart" guys
evade taxes and fly around in private 757s which are subsidized by the
dumb schmoes. This is an absurdity.

I say again, paying taxes is a form of patriotism, especially when one
has the means to help support the nation.

Try again. Why take more tax money and not reduce spending? Again.
Have you ever seen a tax repealed?

Feds took in around 3.x Trillion this tax year. Was spending reduced
or was there more give-away programs?

Not going to play your diversionary game.

The original question was:

"Riddle me this, if no one pays their Federal income tax, how do you
propose paying for the national defense and dozens of other programs
you would deem necessary?"

The elected representatives of the people have established spending
priorities, if you take issue with the spending, elect different
representatives. In the meantime, as a democratic republic, we are
all obligated to financially support the government, whether we agree
with what it does, or not.

+1, well said. We don't have to like paying taxes, but it is the price
of a democratic republic.

but it is the price for only a portion of the population.