Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Election Betting odds - Thur. 13 Oct 2016 - Clinton 83.7%, Trump 14.9%

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 12:08:07 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Neill Massello:
A Presidential impeachment in 1998, a litigated election in 2000, two
Presidents being checked with Congressional turnovers after two years.
The political chaos began building before 9/11 and is arguably worse
today than in the ten years immediately following it.

Somewhere I got the impression that there is a legitimate school of
thought in political science that says out type of democracy is not
sustainable - but the parliamentary form of democracy is.

The cite all the USA-type democracies that have fallen by the wayside
and then describe certain unusual situations/events that have enabled
ours to persist beyond it's time... the implication seeming to be that
our time has come.

I wish I could cite, but the name escapes me.

Maybe Greater Minds Than Mine can supply a link.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will
herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin