Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Election Betting odds - Thur. 13 Oct 2016 - Clinton 83.7%, Trump 14.9%

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 22:35:30 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 10/14/2016 9:38 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
OTOH, Trump is a different sort of candidate. He's raw....

That may be the understatement of the day..... -)

I think he missed an opportunity with the tax thing.

Instead of saying how smart he was to not pay taxes, he could have said
something like:
"Yeah, I didn't pay any taxes for all those years. Because I'm so
smart?.... Well I *am* terribly smart, in fact I am probably one
of the smartest people in the world..... but that was not the reason.

The reason was that I had tax lawyers working for me.... and they
didn't even have to be especially smart tax lawyers: any competent tax
lawyer could have gotten me out of paying taxes all those years.

The reason for all that is that the tax system is corrupt with
exceptions for special interests: each exception bought and paid
for from your congressmen. My tax guys just took advantage of
what a bunch of rich people like me paid off the congress to implement.

Vote for me and I'll put a stop to that nonsense."

I still wouldn't vote for him, but he would have gotten my attention in
a positive way instead of making himself look worse.

Ya know ... some things we're supposed to be able to figure out
ourselves, don't you think? Isn't it a logical conclusion that everyone
does whatever they can do to NOT pay taxes, so why would it be any
different for Trump to do that too?

Taxation is not supposed to be a cat and mouse game. We elect
representatives to spend the treasure of the nation in a fashion we
approve of. Resultantly, paying federal taxes is a form of
patriotism. Paying millions of dollars to attorneys that help you
find every skinny loophole to evade your patriotic duty is distasteful
and slimy. Additionally, making contributions to corrupt politicians
in an effort to influence the law and rule making process is just as
unpatriotic as not paying any federal tax.

Some people attempt to spin Trump's behavior with regard to taxes as
being smart, I deem it as being conniving and self-serving without
regard for the nation as a whole.

Admittedly the federal tax system is an abortion which needs to be
abolished and replaced with a national consumption tax. However, for
any person to make many millions of dollars a year and pay nothing in
FIT is a travesty.