Posted to alt.home.repair
Neill Massello Neill Massello is offline

Default Election Betting odds - Thur. 13 Oct 2016 - Clinton 83.7%, Trump 14.9%

Muggles wrote:

I don't really see anything about Trump that even remotely resembles a
"hostile takeover". Don't you think that's an exaggeration? The people
voted for him, so he's a legitimate candidate of the Republican party.

And "management" fought him tooth and nail. Some of them still are. The
Republican Party had an asset, tens of millions of voters, for whom it
was doing nothing. Zero return, unless you count the song and dance
before every election.

Things have been rocky every since 9/11, so it's not like "rocky" is
going to be breaking news.

A Presidential impeachment in 1998, a litigated election in 2000, two
Presidents being checked with Congressional turnovers after two years.
The political chaos began building before 9/11 and is arguably worse
today than in the ten years immediately following it. The terrorist
problem was just one of the things that revealed that our political
class possesses a fatal combination of arrogance and incompetence.