Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT Blood pressure

On 10/14/2016 10:36 AM, philo wrote:
Anyone else here taking blood pressure meds? If so, what are the results
and how many pills a day do you take?

Lisinopril.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisinopril

One tablet a day keeps me down in the 120 range. It runs about $12 for a
90 day supply and I haven't seen any of the potential side effects.

There are three major families and lisinopril is an ACE inhibitor. Some
people wind up taking a mixture if one doesn't work. Each has their
drawbacks. For example, calcium channel blockers lower your heart rate.
Since my resting heart rate is around 55 my doctor ruled that out. Some
can be expensive and require close monitoring. Fortunately the patent on
lisinopril ran out in 2002 iirc so there are many generic sources.