Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] andymhancock@gmail.com is offline

Default How resilient are fruit fly larvae?

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 10:07:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 7:40:59 AM UTC-4, David L. Martel wrote:
"Take out the trash daily until the infestation ends, then go back to your old routine. Rubbing alcohol or bleach will kill them. I doubt that vinegar is effective."

That's what I had in mind after Paintedcow's suggestion, taking garbage out every night until the problem disappears. Environmentally hostile, but only a temporary measure. Thanks for corroborating.

Just a heads up...vinegar is not the greatest thing to spray into a garbage can. It may be a high end stainless steel can, but the screws will turn into molten pulps of rust. Isopropyl alcohol is a good alternative.