Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Deburring Delrin

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 13:48:25 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 19:13:30 -0700 (PDT), SteamboatEd Haas
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 2:40:51 PM UTC-7, Cydrome Leader wrote:
How about filing or sanding just the ends to get the fuzz off?

--Not so bad for one or two but I'm gearing up to make a couple thousand of 'em! :-)

That's some serious machine time. Are you milling lengths, then
cutting to width? No, judging by the burrs, you're not, are you?
Which begs the Q: Why not?

Yeah, 6-up on your driveway and hit 'em with the weed burner at
regular walking speed. You'll be done in no time.

I sure as heck wouldnt be making them one at a time. Id set up a bar
of this stuff on a dividing head on the mill, machine the teeth, then
cut em off one at a time, using a very thin cut bandsaw, then do the
final thickness on a lathe.second ops machine. It would save you most
of the deburring time and it would be much faster. Simply put some
supports under the bar of material so it stays flat and square

Gunner

---