Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Deburring Delrin

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 19:12:16 -0700 (PDT), SteamboatEd Haas
wrote:

Thanks for that; matte finish not a problem; after deburring there will be a couple more operations so matte finish will be removed during that machining.

Damn, I spelled matt, er, matte, wrong again. If you decide to cut
with a laser be aware that Delrin, an acetal plastic, will give off
formaldehyde ( I spelled that right at least). Not only is
formaldehyde a lung irritant and poison it also is corrosive to
certain metals, most iron alloys being among them. So make sure the
laser cutting operation is well vented away from people and other
living things.
Eric