Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Deburring Delrin

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 10:08:45 PM UTC-4, SteamboatEd Haas wrote:

Actually I cut 'em with a wet abrasive cutoff saw, as it had the thinnest blade and so wastes the least material. I'm going to try again with a cold saw tomorrow. I've also now got access to a 100w laser cutter and we're going to take a whack at cutting the parts out of plate instead of whittling round bar. Laser means no fuzz at all and that may wind up being the winner..

I thought table saw because that is what I would use on plastic. So you might try a table saw. I think a sharp blade would produce less fuzz than an abrasive saw. It might be cheaper to use a somewhat thicker blade if it eliminates the fuzz problem. If you are making several thousand parts , it would be worth trying many ways to cut the parts. One advantage of the table saw is that it can be very fast if you set up a stop for length.

Dan