Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance calls near zero

In article ,
pamela wrote:
On 13:00 12 Oct 2016, Tim+ wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff formulated on Friday :
Actually you are unique. An examination of my True call logs
sees people just hanging up when asked for their name. Some
recordings do get through, but I understand some new version
of true call software now asks the caller to say their name
and press hash, which stops the caller using a pre recorded
message.

I didn't know there were different versions. Our kit asks them
their name and to press hash. Still no nuisance calls - 14
days since the last one tried to call.

Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a
couple of 'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to
set up, and was rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20
quid a year for caller ID. Plus the 20 quid a year for the
TruCall online facility.

All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to
stop the phone in the bedroom ringing.

Have you gone and bought the old "obsolete" free standing unit?
That has a web interface that's free for the first year but
chargeable thereafter.

I have to say, for the love of God why? The newer BT phones with
integrated Trucall software are vastly better than the old unit.

I've got an old freestanding unit going free for the cost of
postage.

Tim

I don't know about the old unit being obsolete but at £100 it
certainly isn't all that cheap.

Can the data from the TrueCall integrated into BT handsets also be
accessed via the web interface?

From the little research I did, no. The beauty of the web interface is you
can cut and paste a phone book list into it. It would have taken forever
to enter all mine manually.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.