Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteamboatEd Haas SteamboatEd Haas is offline

Default Deburring Delrin

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 7:30:16 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 5:26:14 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 3:34:04 PM UTC-4, SteamboatEd Haas
wrote:
Hey gang I'm making some parts out of delrin; they've got fins on
'em and when they're cut to length the fuzz is everywhere! I'm
thinking of using my brass tumbler with walnut shells unless
someone's got a better idea. Here's a link to the problem:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/steamb...7673545442262/

Looking at the picture. it looks like the fuzz in one one side. So
I am guessing the parts were cut off on a table saw.

So maybe you could rotate the part as it is being cut off so less
fuzz in created. So the saw blade in always cutting into the part.
Bad description, but I can not think of a better way to describe
it.

You might also try a different saw blade or maybe a brand new one.

Dan

Waterjet .
--
Snag

--Actually waterjet would probably be awesome but it's expensive. OTOH our hacker space just got that big laser and, after learning how to use it, I can walk in any time and knock 'em out with that.