Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Beep beep beep!

On 10/12/2016 02:46 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 21:06:22 -0500, philo wrote:

Fifteen or 20 years mine did that at 3 am and I just could not go back
to sleep..so I changed the battery, hopped back in bed only to hear beep
again...so changed the battery in my 2nd detector , went back to bed
and doggone it...the beep was still there.

It aggravates me that they go off a 2 or 3 AM. Now I first check the
CO detector before pulling out a ladder. Often that battery goes
first.

My CO detector runs off the line so does not need a battery.

As to my smoke detectors, the alkaline's seem to last about two years+