Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Those Dangerous Samsung Phones that start on fire....

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 1:30:21 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 12:01:34 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 09:56:49 -0400, Mike Duffy
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 02:21:35 -0400,
wrote:

Maybe the smartphones are just bad news all the way around.
I'll stick with my old $20 flip phone. The only thing wrong with the
batteries in them, is that they only last about 1 - 1/2 years. I'm on my
3rd battery on this 4 year old phone, and it's needing to be charged
twice daily now. I think I'll spend the $20 to get a newer flip phone
this time around.

I know that lithium polymer batteries have a higher charge density, but
there's nothing that beats the convenience of getting fresh batteries in
(dare I say it) a convenience store.

..

I don't understand that. My 3-4 year old Convoy (Samsung flip) will
run for over a week on a charge. I admit I don't make a lot of calls
tho.

I don't understand his short battery life either. Most phones I've
had the battery lasted the life of the phone, ~4 to 5 years. I think
I bought a new battery once on Ebay. Current smartphone is about
3 years old and the battery still lasts as long as when new.