Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg[_2_] Ralph E Lindberg[_2_] is offline

Default american made general

On 2016-10-07 19:49:16 +0000, graham said:

On 10/7/2016 1:27 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 16:35:47 -0600
graham wrote:

The Canadian Oneway is also successful.

do you or anyone here know if there is a list of equipment made in
north america

For lathes, the only ones that I know are Oneway and Robust. I think
there are some small companies making turning tools (Oneway does) but
the most of the best still come from Sheffield with some from Australia
and NZ.

Em... you are maybe out of date

Teknatool moved to China years ago
Several of the English tool firms now make them in China

As for tools the best (in my opinion) are D-Way and Thompson, both US made
Dave used M42 steel (D-Way) and Doug uses A10

a reliable list that receives regular scrutiny

in the face of competition being made at home is a strong selling
point so just for that fact i would expect to see more made here

It's difficult to compete with China and Taiwan.
Graham