Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default How resilient are fruit fly larvae?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 04:25:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 3:16:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 20:16:54 -0700 (PDT), andymhancock_AT_gmail.com wrote:

Seems like a lot of trouble, when all you got to do is empty your trash
daily. -OR- Keep your trash can outdoors.....

It's an environmental thing. A huge bag every day goes to the landfill.

If you were really concerned about the environment, you would NOT use
trash bags.

I rarely use them. I live on a farm, so we do not have garbage pickup. I
put all burnables (paper, plastic, etc) in one trash can (no trash bag).
I put all cans and bottles in another can (no trash bag), which I take
to the recycling center. I dont keep food scraps in the house, it goes
right outside to the compost pile.