exray

Default Need Cable TV expert - I have questions

Mike wrote:

The only things I know is what's on the work order agreement. It says
there is/was a code 42 and code 51. It also has that it was 2/7 at the
tap.

Dunno their 'codes' . Probably something internal. That tap value
(most people would call it 7/2 but no matter) means they can't adjust it
any further. Thats the lowest available value...ie max sig that can be had.

The signal levels on CH 3 were +3T ? (can't read the writing) and CH
70 was +7 T or P. Maybe someone here can make something out of all
that and perhaps translate it into English for me. lol.

If those levels are at your set you're in fine shape. Thats a bit on
the low side coming out of a tap but not intolerable for a single outlet
in your house. Since you have 4 outlets you might want to consider a
little cheapo distribution amp.

Anyways, I got the maintenance tech's and the install tech's work cell
phone numbers. The guys were very helpful and upset that this problem
has gone on so long. So they said to call them if I have any problems
getting everything taken care of. (And yes, these are legit numbers, I
checked.)

Glad to hear they are co-operating. Sometimes you just have to shake
the tree hard enough!

-Bill