Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Have You Ever Measured Your 48" Drywall T-Square?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:28:21 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 10/10/2016 12:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

No, can't say as have...

Unless you buy a known, high quality brand, the large T-squares are
rarely even square, let alone accurate. I had to use a known good
carpenters square to test about 12 large T-squares at Harbor freight
before I found one that was actually square.

I always double check my T-squares before each project and have
discovered I can sort of square them up by tapping the rivets with a
hammer. It is a real pain in the ass when you use a square only to
discover it isn't. This is doubly true considering the price of sheet
rock and plywood these days.