Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Fix / de-scale kitchen tap

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:07:03 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 16:44:30 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 16:37:38 +0100, harry
wrote:

On Monday, 10 October 2016 15:47:11 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 05:43:18 +0100, Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sunday, 9 October 2016 21:58:23 UTC+1, Roger Mills wrote:
On 09/10/2016 21:00, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, 9 October 2016 14:53:44 UTC+1, Fevric J. Glandules
wrote:
Hi,

we live in a very hard water area and the kitchen tap
is now "grinding" whenever used. It's one of these [1]

https://www.howdens.com/kitchen-coll...gle-level-tap/

Got a water softener last week for £1500 - that's a thing of
the past
for me now.

Looked into the kettle today, clean as a whistle.
What a ******** you must live in.

If your water is that soft, let's hope that you haven't got any
lead pipes!
--

100% Cu.

99% Cu, 1% CuO probably.

With lead solder.

Most plumbers use compression fittings, much quicker.

No they don't. Compression fittings are far more expensive and less
reliable.

Funny my house is ful of them and not one has failed in the 16 years
I've been here. As for expense, how much of your time is taken to
solder a joint?

You are very obviously not a plumber. I *know* 100% that you are wrong.
I used to use *end feed* fittings which are about a tenth of the price
of compression joints. Soldering a joint doesn't take much more time to
solder than using compression fittings. At least to a plumber it doesn't.

Compression fittings take virtually no time at all,

Same with soldered fittings.

and don't require equipment and heat and so forth to use.

Irrelevant to a plumber.

Some people just like to do things "the tradition correct way" without
thinking.

And any plumber with even half a clue knows that the time
to do the joint is only a tiny part of the total time to do the
job and is the same for a plumber with soldered joints and
compression fittings, with soldered ones much cheaper
and arent going to ever need to be replaced when done
by someone who knows what they are doing.

Compression fittings are for clowns like you that don't have a ****ing clue.