Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Fix / de-scale kitchen tap

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:24:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 10/10/16 17:07, Bod wrote:

Funny my house is ful of them and not one has failed in the 16 years
I've been here. As for expense, how much of your time is taken to
solder a joint?

You are very obviously not a plumber. I *know* 100% that you are wrong.
I used to use *end feed* fittings which are about a tenth of the price
of compression joints. Soldering a joint doesn't take much more time to
solder than using compression fittings. At least to a plumber it doesn't.

I'm not a great plumber, but around 10 seconds to solder a joint, a
little more to flux it and steel wool it first. Say 30 second.

That's not what takes the time. It's deciding where the pipe is to go,
cutting it and bending it and holding it there.

Which is the same fr compression.

For soldering you have to hold it there a lot longer than just tightening a screw thread.

The real time saver is flexible plastic pipe . That is FAST.

Indeed, that stuff is great.

--
Einstein married his cousin, Elsa Lowenthal, after his first marriage failed in 1919.
At the time he stated that he was attracted to Elsa "because she was so well endowed".