Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grauniad: Welsh tidal lagoon project could open way for ukp15bnrevolution in UK energy

On 10/10/16 14:57, charles wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Tim Streater
wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article , Brian Gaff
wrote:
The problem seems to be that no matter what you try to generate
power from any naturally occurring force like wind or tides or even
the sun, you actually are taking power from the earth and if you do
enough of it, you alter the environment in some way, often a way
which was unexpected.

Well, yes. Possibly. But then burning fossil fuels to produce power
doesn't seem to be doing the environment much good either. Except in
the opinion of the various nutcases on here, of course.

So what then is your solution, Our Dave?

Eggs. Basket. Put. Don't. Rearrange to suit. And preferably owned by the
UK. Or rather England, as is likely by then.

of it's a lagoon in Wales, they might not like a "colonial power" owning it.

You know, I think its high time we had some DIVERSITY in the shape of
wheels.

Putting all your eggs into the 'round wheel' basket looks like a really
bad idea don't you think?

Almost as stupid as only investing in power generation technology that
actually works eh?

But not actually as stupid as having roads where everyone has to drive
on the left. I mean that flies in the face of individual freedom social
justice and the principle of diversity. What right has anyone to force
me, against my religion and culture, to drive on the Left?

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)