Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Torque on Natural Gas Piping, 1-inch OD?

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 14:16:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

If you read my other posts, you will see I completed the job yesterday. All is well.

Great, glad you got the job done..... I did not see that post for some
reason....

I dont consider shutting off the valve to be "Tampering", but it's all
how they interpert the rules I guess...

A little paint comes off whenever a valve is shut off. Dont worry about
it. Once it rains, it will rust and no one will ever know. Toss a cup of
water on the valve and it will rust sooner....

I wonder what they would say if you painted that pipe and meter? Sounds
silly, but when I was living with my parents, my dad painted the house
and painted the gas pipes to match the house. It looked much better than
the rust that was on them, and helped protect the pipes as well.