Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default OT - filling a tire with foam.

On 09/10/16 22:46, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I have this small tube-type tire on a wagon. It went flat. I took
the tube out & checked it under water - no leaks. I put a new stem in
& put the tire back on the wagon. It went flat!

I gave up & tried something that I saw on YouTube - foam. I drilled
some holes in a sidewall and squirted in some Great Stuff. I left it
to harden and came back to this:

http://imgur.com/a/YcGpa

Not a problem, but definitely amusing.

Bob

So are you going to use it or exhibit it at the Tate Modern. I've not
used Great Stuff but have heard mention of it, is it a resilient foam
with some give in it or is it a hard foam.