Mark D. Zacharias

Default Pioneer VSX-27TX -- long delay before audio can be heard...

There is a known problem on these - a RAM IC needs resoldering. Expect a
recurrence after a year or so. Not for the novice - the foil runs at the IC
are too easily damaged. It is on the DSP board, but the board is no longer
available - since Pioneer went through all of them for this problem. For a
while Pioneer was exchanging the receiver for a newer model - but I'm pretty
sure that program would have ended by now.

Mark Z.

"Jeff" wrote in message
I have a Pioneer VSX-27TX receiver that works fine in all respects except
that it takes about 20 minutes before audio can be heard from any of the
outputs (main or surround.) During the 20 minute "warm-up", the display

is
active and all control functions of the receiver seem to work. I can use
the tuner, select inputs, enable/disable surround modes, use the remote
control, etc. Also, signal is present at the tape output during this

time,
but not at the preamp outputs.

Once 20 minutes (or so) has passed, the audio almost suddenly starts
playing.

Whatever is wrong, it seems to be temperature related, as the "warm-up"

time
is shorter if I cycle power after the receiver has been on for a while.

Has anyone seen similar behavior from this unit? Any tips as to what

might
be wrong? Does anyone have a schematic for this model?

Thanks,

Jeff