Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Fix / de-scale kitchen tap

Fevric J. Glandules wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

Fevric J. Glandules wrote:
Hi,

we live in a very hard water area and the kitchen tap
is now "grinding" whenever used. It's one of these [1]
https://www.howdens.com/kitchen-coll...gle-level-tap/

What I can't immediately see is how to get it out / dismantled.

Any hints?

I would imagine that there will be a hidden grub screw beneath the red/blue
temperature indicator. Use a thin blade under the edge of it and it'll
probably pop out.

Yes, that was my guess from the PDF and the red/blue thing just
disintegrated when I took it off? Can't see a screw in there -
not had time since to grab a torch.

Well if there's a hole I bet there's a screw down there. Sometimes it's a
hex socket, 3mm or thereabouts.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls